How We Can Help You?
How Does Ernst & Associates, LLC Help with Serious Criminal Charges?
Serious criminal charges hurt more than your pocketbook. In some cases, the moment you are accused of criminal activity, such as rape or murder, the verdict is already set in the minds of many.
With serious offenses, a criminal conviction for the most egregious acts might land you in prison for life or result in the death penalty. We understand what’s at risk, and our criminal defense attorneys are the savvy resource you need for the most serious of offenses, including:
- Sex Crimes: Sex crimes pose severe penalties, and our criminal defense attorneys will use every advantage to win your sex crimes case and protect your future.
- Violent Crimes: We will devote our time and energy to your violent crimes trial and aggressively challenge the prosecution to influence the results of your case.
- Weapons Charges: Illegal firearms, if you are a convicted felon, will result in an extended sentence. Our team will work to get the case dismissed or your penalties reduced.
- Drugged Driving: Drugged driving is a serious offense in Ohio, and we will preserve your rights and fight for your freedoms in your drugged driving case.
Navigating The Ohio Court System
One of the most important attributes your attorney should have is familiarity with these courts. Your lawyer should know each judge and each prosecutor and know what to expect from each.
Can Your Firm Help Me with Other Legal Troubles?
Criminal defense attorneys are helpful and valuable in other legal areas requiring negotiation and dispute resolution. Ernst & Associates, LLC puts our ambitious criminal defense experience to work in family law, car accident cases, juvenile crimes, and personal injury.
In these specific areas, we help you resolve disputes and avoid costly legal battles, such as child custody arrangements or divorce. In car accident cases and personal injury, we fight for your rights and are relentless in our pursuit to get restitution.
- Juvenile Crime: Mistakes your children make when they’re younger shouldn’t impact their futures. We will ensure that doesn’t happen by pushing for alternative sentencing.
- Family Law: We practice collaborative law to manage family legal situations, from divorce to child support to child custody, to ensure we’re helping everyone achieve their goals.
- Divorce: To avoid disputes and unnecessary legal battles, our collaborative attorneys use a mix of mediation tactics to work through challenges in divorce proceedings successfully.
- Child Custody: With your children’s best interests in mind, our attorneys help you decide on the best arrangement for your children, whether sole or joint custody.
- Personal Injury: Our personal injury attorneys will help you resolve your personal injury case when you are hurt or injured in an accident.
- Car Accidents: If you have been hurt in a car accident, or you made a mistake and caused a car accident, our attorneys will take on your case and prepare a defense.
Client Success Story!
What Makes Ernst & Associates, LLC Special?
A nationally recognized and locally respected team of criminal defense attorneys, Ernst & Associates, LLC is committed to your freedom. We use creative strategies to meet the goals and needs of our clients throughout Cincinnati and the surrounding area in some of the most challenging criminal cases, family law, personal injury, and more.
We’re proud to say that many of our new clients feel comfortable with our services and approach after the initial free consultation, and we’re often hired over the phone and ready and prepared for court the next day.
Bringing this full circle, it might not surprise you to hear that we’re agile when time is not on your side. The prosecution begins building a case against you upon your arrest. We know you don’t have time to waste, so our criminal defense attorneys work to be one step—or two ahead.
Speaking of one step ahead, from our lead attorney, Matthew Ernst, to our team of Cincinnati criminal defense lawyers, we pride ourselves on taking smart chances, mixing it up, and getting creative when it comes to building a defense. Creative problem-solving separates us from the rest of the pack, and we’re never short on solutions. This is why our clients choose us, as we’re not a transactional law firm, nor do we want to be.
As granting you freedom is our purpose, we focus on aggressive and ambitious legal representation, as if we’re fighting for ourselves or our families. You will value this approach when facing ten years in jail or needing a person in your corner to advocate for you in the face of family law issues.
Can Your Firm Prevent Criminal Cases from Going to Trial?
Most criminal cases are not dismissed. About 90 percent of criminal cases result in a plea bargain outside of trial, and about eight percent end in dismissal. The most common reasons for cases to get dismissed or dropped include lack of probable cause, illegal search, lack of evidence or lost evidence and information, and missing witnesses.
Once a case goes to trial, as it’s rare, the prosecution has a 90 percent chance of winning as the cards are often stacked against the accused, especially in high-profile cases like murder and rape. This is the criminal justice system.
Plea bargaining happens before trial and allows defendants to avoid the time, cost, and risk of harsher punishment and negative publicity. There’s a lot of uncertainty, and with our criminal defense attorneys by your side, we will work with the prosecution to arrange the best possible plea bargain for your criminal offense.
Latest News & Insights
Is it Possible to Get Out of Criminal Charges?
Criminal offenses violate federal, state, or municipal law. Criminal activities include assault and battery, arson, child abuse, domestic violence, kidnapping, rape, homicide, a DUI, and more. Criminal offenses range greatly; there are three types: misdemeanors, felonies, and infractions.
However, not all criminal offenses are created equal, and the penalties vary depending on prior convictions, the severity of the crime, whether violence or property damage was involved, and more. In other words, criminal charges for a DUI offense look utterly different than criminal charges for sexual assault.
Our criminal defense attorneys, for example, might find new evidence that wasn’t initially part of the prosecution’s case. This could challenge the case and undercut the strength of the prosecution’s defense. A criminal defense attorney like Ernst & Associates, LLC will significantly increase your chances of success, whether a reduced sentence or dropped charges.
We’re in your corner, whatever the criminal charges, family law issue, or personal injury case. When you need a committed criminal defense attorney that’s always ready to go to battle for you, contact Ernst & Associates, LLC at 513-579-9500.
Ernst & Associates, LLC is located in Cincinnati, Ohio, about a mile from Sawyer Point Park, approximately 16 minutes from French Park, and about a 13-mile drive from our offices to the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport. When you need a tenacious criminal defense attorney that will step up for you, get a strong defense and speak with an experienced criminal defense attorney today: 513-579-9500